This is a super late book review about Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life. This has been in my cart for some months. I’ve decided to buy it as a gift for myself.
“Be led by your curiosity and keep busy doing things that fill you with meaning and happiness.” 🥰
What’s your Ikigai? What is something that gives you meaning and happiness?
This book is a must-read. This book helps its readers to fully understand their reason for living by knowing their ikigai.
Ikigai does not have to be grand. Sometimes, it could be the simplest thing in life, and that is okay. It differs from one person to another.
This book also gives an overview about the Japanese secret to a long and happy life. The authors are so specific in their explanation. They included diet, exercise, and way of living. They share how people in a certain place in Japan live longer than others.
Major takeaways from Ikigai
- Each setback is an opportunity to grow.
- Worrying about things that are beyond our control accomplishes nothing.
- It is not what happens to you, but how you react that matters -Epicletus
- Ikigai is the reason why we get up every morning.
- Once you discover your ikigai, pursuing and nurturing it everyday will bring meaning to your life.
Have you read this book? Share your favorite quotes, too. Here’s mine.
This is the sign that you should grab a copy of this book. Go read it, friends. 🙂